Monthly meetings are usually held the first Monday of each month. Lakewood residents are welcome to attend.
The deadline for submitting feedback about the proposed Loop 360 improvements is this Friday! We encourage Lakewood residents to review the proposal and submit feedback via email at email@example.com or by visiting the virtual workshop anytime between now and Friday, June 21, 2019. The virtual workshop allows you to download and review workshop materials, provide comments or ask questions.
The project proposes removing the traffic signals on the Loop 360 main lanes at Lakewood Drive and Spicewood Springs Road (E)/Bluffstone Drive and adding an overpass (where Loop 360 main lanes go over the cross street) with non-signalized U-turns in both directions.
Additionally, at a recent local meeting of TxDOT and local residents, the following was also proposed:
- A new right hand lane to allow for access to Loop 360.
- Removing the landscaped island at the Lakewood community entrance for an additional lane. This was apparently proposed by a Jester resident.
If you don’t want TxDOT to remove our landscaped island or have additional opinions on the project, please make your voice heard via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or entering feedback on their virtual workshop website before this Friday, June 21, 2019.
The Lakewood pool was drained last week in order to perform repairs due to vandalism. A pool ladder was broken, tables were broken and thrown into the pool and broken glass was in the bottom of the pool. The repairs are completed, the pool is being filled with new water and the necessary chemicals have been added but the chemicals make it unsafe for use until this Thursday afternoon.
Please do not enter the pool area nor use the pool until Thursday afternoon for your own safety.
All homeowners are cordially invited to attend the Annual Meeting this Sunday, June 2, at 1:30pm at the Lakewood Clubhouse.
If you cannot attend the meeting, please fill out the proxy form that was mailed to you and assign your proxy to someone who will be attending or assign it to one of the Board members. We need a quorum present in person or by proxy in order to conduct business. If we don’t get a quorum we have to schedule another annual meeting at an approximate cost of $700. We need your proxy or for you to attend in person.
BBQ will be served on a first come, first served basis.
Here’s what else you can expect at the Annual Meeting:
- The Board President will make a brief presentation highlighting the accomplishments in 2018 and 2019.
- Nominations and voting for two open positions on the HOA Board of Directors.
- District 10 Council Member Alison Alter will attend and speak to the homeowners.
- Review of the HOA financials and budget.
- Homeowners remarks. Homeowners must have registered in advance at the Lakewood HOA office by May 24 to speak at the annual meeting.